Secondary confirmation for thorough diagnosis of presenting conditions: Palpation for cold, warmth, aortic pulse, and quality of the tissues informs treatment methodology.
ACUPUNCTURE with MOXA
Your first treatment, $125:
1) Initial treatment 75 minutes, with review of medical history.
2) Practitioner diagnoses through pulses, abdomen, spinal points.
3) Needles are single use, hair-thin – easy !
4) Moxa enhances the effect of needles.
Follow-up visits, $85-95:
One time/wk, or a monthly “tune up”. Acute conditions 2x/wk visit recommended.
1) Three positions on the wrists are palpated three levels deep.
2) These are a measurement of basic organ/channel functioning in the upper, middle and lower aspects of the body and 12 channels – including digestive, liver, gall bladder, lungs, kidney, urinary, bowel and more.
1) Performed after needles and moxa.
2) Cups suction the dermal layer of skin away from fascia, allowing for greater circulation. Space and fluidity releases stagnation allowing tissues to recover quickly.
Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Joint and muscle pain, Sports injuries, Sprains, strains, TMJ
Anxiety, Depression / low energy, Headaches, High blood pressure, Insomnia, Migraines, Sleeplessness
Constipation, Gas / bloating, GERD, Indigestion, IBS Irritable bowel syndrome
Chronic infection, Pre & post Menopause, PMS, Osteoporosis
Allergies / hives; Asthma / bronchitis; Chronic fatigue; Colds / flu; Sinus
Acupuncture La Jolla – If you are considering treatment of a certain condition, please contact Eight Elements West at 858.459.0899.
Andrea Plichta, L.Ac., M.S., is both a licensed acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), California Acupuncture Licensing Board (CALE), and the Colorado State Board of Acupuncture Examiners. She graduated from Southwest Acupuncture in Boulder, CO, maintains a current license as a massage therapy and HHP since 2000 and a Pilates instructor since 2003.